Lock down, you and me

Lock Down Jugglers

When life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade......... or that's what we have heard. 

But do we all know the right amount of water, lemon juice or sugar that's supposed to be added. I guess the answer varies from person to person; after all everyone has a different taste.

Lockdown season was like a circus, humans being the puppets in the hands of the COVID-19.
Lockdown played it's different balls of disaster which have different names for different people. For example, there was a purple ball named anxiety, a black one for depression, a yellow one for obesity, a red one for laziness, a pink one for procrastination, and so on and so forth. But only the best of best jugglers could maintain a balance between them and survive through 'The Lockdown Circus'. And a big round of applause for all those jugglers who did a splendid performance.

But did you notice some changes in you through all this show? Did you notice how you forget to hit the pillows when earlier you used to run towards your bed because you knew tomorrow was a yet another day you had to work through? Did you notice how you sometimes forget to eat when earlier your mouth used to be non-stop munching? Did you notice how life used to be so much better when you were not so active on social media so you had less reasons to be jealous of someone? Did you notice.....?

There are an end number of changes one has gone through this lockdown phase. Change is inevitable. Someday or the other you had to go through this change. The sooner the better.

Some good some bad, but these changes have made a remarkable turn of events in our lives. 

My journey through the lockdown has been inexplicable. The moments when I cried because I was felling lonely, the moments when I joyed because I tried a new dish at home, the moments when I lived to the fullest because all my family was at home, the moments when I laughed because my brother looked funny with the new haircut at home; all these moments will be engraved in my mind forever and will remain in the storehouse of my memories as the 'good old days'.

Every coin has two sides, and I embraced both the sides of lockdown with open arms. 

When I felt depressed or upset with life, my family was there to lift me up. Even if not physically, but the virtual presence of those true friends spoke lengths for me. 

When I felt stressed, my brother was there to give me a message, my mother was there with her home made goodies, my dad was there reciting one of his new self composed poems and my best friend was there with her new gossip. 

Every one has some heroes in their lives and my heroes are all these people who made this lockdown successful for me.

Lockdown was not a cake walk for anyone, but it did teach us a lot in the end. Some people  lost their hobbies while some people found new talents, some people lost their true essence while some people found their own selves, some people will regret these days while some people will cherish these memories, some people survived through lockdown while some people lived through it.

Juggling is not my cup of tea. All of us were new to this. Many of us passed with flying colours. Some of us didn't. But this is not the end, you will still get up, brush off the dirt and step into the arena for there is a yet another show you have to rock.

For me, lockdown is the art of juggling.

Pakhi Rajput

Comments

  1. Simply Superb my princess 👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expression is what we feel and writing it into words is the skill of how well we share it with others...Well done Pakhi, keep writing ✍️, keep marching ahead 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Distancing - The New Normal